ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Replace footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaul Gan-MorReplace footage
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 2:34:49 pm

Hi All,

I have received an After Effect project. I have been told that I have to replace the media in the assets panel by right clicking on the media and choose "replace footage". Unfortunately the "replace footage" is grey and can't be chosen. What am I doing wrong? Please advice.

Thanks
Shaul

Return to posts index

Tayo OnabuleRe: Replace footage
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 3:48:41 pm

Make sure your not right-clicking on a composition, iv'e done it before. As far as i know, the replace footage option should never be greyed out. If you've got the option then you could replace the actually footage in finder/windows explorer.

Tayo Onabule
LightStorm Visuals

Return to posts index

Shaul Gan-MorRe: Replace footage
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 4:08:41 pm

Thanks,
I attached the screen image.

Am I doing it right?

Thanks

shaul

Return to posts index

by on Jun 22, 2013 at 4:16:56 pm

No, your right clicking on a composition. You need to make sure it's either a picture, movie, or sound file that your right-clicking on. It'll say what type of file it is in the "Type" column next to the names of the files/compositions.

Tayo Onabule
LightStorm Visuals
http://lightstormvisuals.site90.net

Return to posts index

Shaul Gan-MorRe: Replace footage
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 4:37:42 pm

Thanks Tayo,
In the instruction is written "To change the placeholder 01(02…31), navigate to the folder "01_PHOTO_OR_VIDEO_REPLACE" and then open the composition titled "Media_01(02…31)". Insert the your photo or video.
Sorry for the basic question, in order to open the composition I pressed on it, But how and where to I import the clip?
Thanks

Shaul

Return to posts index

by on Jun 22, 2013 at 5:04:37 pm

You can either drag the clip in from windows explorer or right-click on a empty area of the project panel and click import>file. once you have your clips imported then you just double click the composition and drag each clip from the Project Panel to your Composition Timeline.

I'f you want to replace a clip that's already there: select the clip (placeholder) you want to replace in the Timeline, go to your project panel and drag the clip you want to replace it with and before you let go hovering over the placeholder, hold the alt key.

Tayo Onabule
LightStorm Visuals
http://lightstormvisuals.site90.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]