ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D Layer inexplicably not responding to camera move.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marius Crowne
3D Layer inexplicably not responding to camera move.
on Jun 21, 2013 at 5:32:02 pm

I've been working on a project for about a week now that consists entirely of 3D layers. We see one layer, the camera moves back to reveal another layer, then moves back to reveal another and another (see screenshots).

To clarify, there is nothing especially different about ANY of these layers except the footage used.

I've just encountered a situation where I placed two different comps on the same plane and when the camera moves back, only one of the comps move as if they're in 3D space. Now, there are assets within comps within assets within comps here. I've had to do this because of some of the little quirks of AE, such as not being able to use time remap on layers that have been rotobrushed.

(For example: I'll have one asset (footage of a model dancing) that is warp stabilized and rotobrushed), which then has to be made into a new comp to which I add time remapping and the "posterize time" effect. Then I will duplicate that comp within that comp, say, 8 times to make them rotate in a circle, which I then pre-compose into the event that I use in the overall build.)

I've checked and double-check to make sure that all of the comps and comps within comps, etc etc, are set to 3D and Continuously Rasterize (as I have with ALL previous layers of the build). I've checked the comp that responds to the camera and then comp that doesn't respond two the camera (which exist on the same layer, so to speak) against each other and they are EXACTLY the same (except for different footage is used in each one).

I absolutely cannot figure out what is wrong and I'm getting very close to smashing my head through my monitor. Help.

Thanks in advance.

//Mari

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 3D Layer inexplicably not responding to camera move.
on Jun 21, 2013 at 6:50:25 pm

Is the Collapse Transformation switch toggled on in the nested comps?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Marius Crowne
on Jun 21, 2013 at 7:41:08 pm

Indeed, Dave. (See attached). Also on the comp within those comps.

Thanks for the speedy response.

//M

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jun 21, 2013 at 7:49:47 pm

Try rendering out the keyed footages to some format with alpha. I've seen bugs with rotobrush before.

Return to posts index

Marius Crowne
on Jun 21, 2013 at 8:01:45 pm

I will try this shortly and post the results. Thanks for the suggestion, Cassius.

//M

Return to posts index

Marius Crowne
on Jun 26, 2013 at 12:30:41 am

This worked! Still find the initial problem perplexing. Haven't experienced it before or since.

//M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]