ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Save AE frame to Photoshop layers WITH EDITABLE TEXT

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan WoodsSave AE frame to Photoshop layers WITH EDITABLE TEXT
by on Jun 21, 2013 at 5:02:32 pm

WHY.

WHYYYYYY would Adobe not give the option to retain editable text when saving a frame as photoshop layers from AE? I can't find anything on this. If someone knows if this is actually possible, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME.

I'm just slamming my head against my desk right now every time I'm asked to save a frame from a comp I'm working on as a PSD file. I don't even need layer styles and shit preserved! I. JUST. WANT. MY. TEXT. LAYERS.

We're at CS6 now guys. Thats ELEVEN VERSIONS. And this feature never came up as a possibility to include?!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Save AE frame to Photoshop layers WITH EDITABLE TEXT
by on Jun 21, 2013 at 9:53:55 pm

You can submit feature requests here:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

I just looked through the feature requests for the past couple of years, and this isn't even in the top 200. So, if you want this, submit a request at the link above and encourage other folks who think the same to let us know in the same way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Bryan WoodsRe: Save AE frame to Photoshop layers WITH EDITABLE TEXT
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 12:35:06 am

Why isn't this just part of AE in the first place? Wouldn't this make sense if you already offer the feature to export to photoshop? Isn't this THE reason to use this feature?! The nearsightedness of this just blows my mind! And you're telling me to request finishing a feature that was only 75% thought through?! There's no way putting my vote in or trying to encourage others to vote for this will do any good because there will never be enough votes to make it a priority! You might as well just remove the feature entirely so as to not give false hope or suggest it possible to have two different Adobe applications (god forbid) play nicely together.

Just another stupid inconvenience I've discovered of AE that makes my life miserable, but I can't do anything about it because I have to USE your software to make a living.

Disgusting.

Return to posts index

Miguel SanchezRe: Save AE frame to Photoshop layers WITH EDITABLE TEXT
by on May 12, 2016 at 7:44:24 pm

Dude, one little thing, do you know how amazing this software is? Jesus man, not everything needs to revolve around your wants. This is, while annoying, not that big of a problem, since you can edit easily from a picture to anything in photoshop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]