ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Insight on how can I reproduce effects seen on a video!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raphael BrittoInsight on how can I reproduce effects seen on a video!
by on Jun 19, 2013 at 8:00:34 pm

Hello!

I am trying to make a Promo Intro on After effects, and, after watching this video, I would love to know how can i make something like that!

Some insight would be trully appreciated.

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/ogn-spring-2013-finals-intro

The part I want to reproduce starts at 0:15, where the players are shown followed by the name of the team!, and ends at 0:22.

Cheers,

Raphael

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Insight on how can I reproduce effects seen on a video!
by on Jun 21, 2013 at 8:21:54 pm

I assume you mean the layering/text treatments, but a couple of notes first. One the photos aare all well done/and might be roto'd(but most likely were just shot with the people against a black background). Also in the video, the video was produced for an extremely wide screen..maybe 4:1. Couple of things to keep in mind if you are trying to recreate this look.

I made a comp that you can take that recreates the video(the bottom layer is the original video if you want to take a look). Mainly this is done using a series of layers that are using the text as a track matte or inverted track matte.

Take a look at what I made and see if you can work it out. 6171_promointrofolder.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]