ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tiling a layer in 3d....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim lefevreTiling a layer in 3d....
by on Jun 19, 2013 at 8:01:06 am

There are certainly posts on this before but they date back a while so maybe someone knows of a clever work around...

I have a 2 min 3D After Effects (AE) comp with a camera move pulling backwards continually throughout. The background layer (3D) is a relatively high res scanned and tile-able texture of paper but very quickly one can see the edges and by the end of the shot it's tiny (and out of focus)

I was wondering if there is a processor light way of tiling that layer within the 3D space rather than manually arraying the layer (which would end up as about 20x28 layers wide - have tried to do this with a relatively dynamic expression but it still got effort and processing heavy as one would expect).

I imagine that my problem is actually in the way I am constructing the scene (hoping for a high res backdrop to be persistent throughout the shot) but was wondering iff this brought any work-arounds to mind.

With regards to processing power the alternative if this can't happen within scene is to array the said layer and pre-render which is cool but still means I need to find a labour-un-intensive way of arraying the layer.

Many many thanks and hope all is well!!

Return to posts index

Michael MartinsonRe: Tiling a layer in 3d....
by on Apr 25, 2014 at 9:32:14 pm

I'm currently struggling with this as well, and it's not the first time.

The solution I have in place is to use "CC Repetile", but covering the entire scene has more than tripled my render time.

Did you ever resolve this issue?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved