ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CC (12.0) ready for download

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd KoprivaAfter Effects CC (12.0) ready for download
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 6:54:15 am

Come and get it!
http://adobe.ly/19eZSAu

If you tried before now (between 8PM and 11PM Pacific Time) and had problems, it may be because you started downloading before all of the files were ready. Please try again. You may need to clear your browser cache and restart your browser if you got a premature set of files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Simon RoughanRe: After Effects CC (12.0) ready for download
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 11:57:59 am

Hi Todd.
Is there any way to get your plug ins across to the new version without having to track down all software and new install?
Thanks
Simon

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling is for fools, but that's the way I like it, baby. I don't want to live forever!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: After Effects CC (12.0) ready for download
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 1:31:23 pm

Nice new hair Simon ;-)

AE CC's plugin architecture is such that it doesn't require 3rd party plugins to be updated (except for any bug fixes). As per previous versions of AE, create a shortcut for each of the previous (previous to CC) plugins and copy the shortcuts to AE CC's plugins folder.

I'm speaking from limited but successful experience from a Windows 7 platform. Mac users may differ - as they are almost always apt do. ;-)

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects CC (12.0) ready for download
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 4:46:18 pm

Roland is pointing you in the right direction.

More here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/06/plug-ins-for-after-effects-cc-1...

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Christian SchumacherRe: After Effects CC (12.0) ready for download
by on Jun 18, 2013 at 4:51:23 pm

On the Mac side, I read one has to have "Quicktime 7.6.6 software required for QuickTime features"
From the Apple site I downloaded both QuickTimePlayer7.6.6_SnowLeopard and QuickTime770_Leopard (???)
If I want to run/install AE 12 (CC) on Mountain Lion (and there's FCPX installed) Should I install this 7.6.6?
Or do I even need to install QT since FCPX already is on it? Appreciate anybody's input on this. Cheers.

Return to posts index

Christian SchumacherRe: After Effects CC (12.0) ready for download
by on Jun 19, 2013 at 4:34:14 pm

I just created an account to try the new AE CC. Downloaded fine and installed fine
This is a Mountain Lion rig with FCPX installed.

Now, forgive me but I don't quite perform AE installs at all.
What I found strange is the Adobe's requirements for Mac OS.
They say you need to install QT software 7.6.6 - which is for Snow Leopard (?)
Well, I went ahead and installed AE CC without installing QT and it's working.
I wonder if this requirement for QT is a legacy of some sort? Is it for older codecs?

Anyway, I kicked the tires and I liked it, was curious how was C4D integration.
All seems perfectly fine, but what I found missing is the ability to get a hint of the C4D object in AE.
I mean, when you're positioning the camera, keyframing and watching it on other camera views.
It would be nice to get a placeholder there, but nothing that hitting ESC repeatedly won't solve really.

Return to posts index

Morten RanmarRe: After Effects CC (12.0) ready for download
by on Jul 1, 2013 at 6:44:14 pm

Where do I find Cinema4D lite?

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects CC (12.0) ready for download
by on Jul 1, 2013 at 9:02:11 pm

> Where do I find Cinema4D lite?

from "details of CINEMA 4D integration with After Effects CC (12.0)":

"You open the version of CINEMA 4D that is installed with After Effects using the New > MAXON CINEMA 4D File command or the Edit Original command in After Effects. You will not see this version of CINEMA 4D installed in the Start menu on Windows or in the Applications directory on Mac OS. (If you have another version of CINEMA 4D installed in addition to the CINEMA 4D Lite version, these commands will open the other version.)"

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]