ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

how to duplicate comp?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Viebehow to duplicate comp?
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:02:34 am

how can i duplicate a composition and change its properties without effecting the first one properties?
i allways get the same picture twice even if i duplicate the composition from the project window.i must be linked some how to the other comp.

Return to posts index

Marco ConceicaoRe: how to duplicate comp?
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:18:33 am

Hi Eric.

1) In the project panel select your composition, 1 left click.
2) Then, on windows, press CTRL+D. A perfect but independent copy should appear.

Is it what yoou need?

Return to posts index

tielman dewaeleRe: how to duplicate comp?
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 11:41:14 am

Duplicate the precomp in the timeline. duplicate the precomp in the project window. rename it. change the properties there. and repclace it(alt+drop) over the duplicated precomp in the timeline.
Hope then makes sence.

Production Premum cs 5.5
FCP 7.0 studio
C4d R11,5 & R14

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: how to duplicate comp?
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 1:58:05 pm

Are you duplicating a precomp in the project window, because after duplicating it, a new version isn't automatically opened up in the timeline, you will still be working in the original until you open up the new duplicate(a mistake I make often)

There's a great script, True Comp Duplicator, that makes complete duplicates of a compe and it's precomps creating new links, you might want to check it out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved