ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Element 3D query

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben HartleyElement 3D query
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 9:43:37 am

I have Elements 3D in AE with a model of a mobile phone imported. I need to create animation on the screen area.

Can anyone tell me how I would fix a comp with animation onto the screen area. How would I also make sure it passes behind the image of the phone when it rotates also.

If it looks good, look at it.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Element 3D query
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 1:24:50 pm

Go into Element 3D. There will be texture maps, most likely, one for the body, one for the chrome bezel, and one for the screen. You can test which is which by turning the textures on and off, if they're not clearly labeled.

Create your animated texture for the screen and put it in the same comp. Make the texture available to Element 3D by listing it as a Custom Texture. Now apply that texture to replace the current one. If this isn't clear, the VideoCopilot site has tutorials specifically on this.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: Element 3D query
by on Jun 14, 2013 at 5:15:06 pm

As for passing an object behind the E3D layer, you have to have the layer passing behind your E3D layer beneath it in the stack since E3D is applied to a 2D layer and doesn't interact with any other layer in the physical space. So short answer, pay attention to your layer stack.

Jason Jantzen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved