ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd KoprivaWhich kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 12, 2013 at 9:45:38 pm

Which kerning option do you use in After Effects?

Which should be the default?

How would you feel about us changing the default to Optical and creating a new preference where you can set the default?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 12, 2013 at 9:58:34 pm

[Todd Kopriva] "How would you feel about us changing the default to Optical and creating a new preference where you can set the default?
"

Yes please.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 12, 2013 at 10:22:21 pm

That would be fine with me. Most every headline, or piece of display type I create in AE is custom kerned anyway.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 12, 2013 at 10:42:12 pm

I generally use Optical but I don't really mind one way or another what the default is.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 9:37:32 am

[Todd Kopriva] "How would you feel about us changing the default to Optical and creating a new preference where you can set the default?"

Optical as the default is good as that's what I use most often. Having a preference to change the default is a good idea.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 4:43:34 pm

Optical as the default is good as that's what I use most often. Having a preference to change the default is a good idea.

+1

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 14, 2013 at 9:29:50 am

I almost always set the kerning to optical, so having that as the default would be my preference. I work with a LOT of type.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 14, 2013 at 9:21:20 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

Here's where we stand right now:

We're fixing the bug that prevented the persistence of the choice of kerning option. Once we have this fixed, you can set the option the way that you like it once and not have to redo it for every text layer. This makes the choice of a new default far less important. Once we release this fix, we'll see if people still feel that the default needs to change.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Erik MickelsonRe: Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 16, 2013 at 3:18:31 pm

Is the kerning fix going to be released for CS6 or just CC?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Which kerning option do you use in After Effects, and which should be the default?
by on Jun 16, 2013 at 4:55:10 pm

We don't know exactly when such a fix will be released. We're working on it now.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]