ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AfterFX.exe process launching 8 times and make after effects to crash when rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
julien julien
AfterFX.exe process launching 8 times and make after effects to crash when rendering
on Jun 11, 2013 at 5:23:13 pm

Hello the team I have a very very weird issue with my After Effects CS5.
when i launch the program everything is working but at the moment im opening a project or rendering ,
Lots of AfterFX.exe process is launching making after effects to slow down and freeze!

Could you please give me a hand on this?

Print screen:

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AfterFX.exe process launching 8 times and make after effects to crash when rendering
on Jun 11, 2013 at 6:04:09 pm

Turn off Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing.

Make sure that you've installed the latest updates ( http://adobe.ly/lsrkmJ ). They fix a lot of problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

julien julien
Re: AfterFX.exe process launching 8 times and make after effects to crash when rendering
on Jun 11, 2013 at 6:22:38 pm

thank you for your kind answer but if im turning it off i could not use the multiprocessing?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 11, 2013 at 6:38:22 pm

You said that the multiple instance were causing a problem, so I told you how to turn them off.

Be sure to read these resources that that show you how to set the system up correctly.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

julien julien
on Jun 11, 2013 at 6:50:44 pm

ok but why there is a probleme now? i never had this issue before?
i have a powerfull CPU that can use multiprocessing so i want to use it

I can not update as Im still on CS5 and dont want to pay for update as at the moment im happy with cs5

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 11, 2013 at 7:06:24 pm

When I said "update", I was referring to the bug-fix updates. Follow the link that I gave.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
on Jun 12, 2013 at 9:04:42 am

Todd's posting basic articles about After Effects that most people neglect to read. I would also add, do yourself another favor and follow his blog. If you're not sure about that, find out who Todd Kopriva is and then you'll understand why it may be to your advantage :)

Personally, I've always avoided multi-processing until I upped my RAM. You're opening up 8 instances (12 in my case) of AE which takes quite a bit of RAM to do it smoothly and quickly, well, running AE off an SSD might help speed the spool up time.

Also, NEVER do a RAM preview with MP on. Doesn't matter how fast your system is, it's just faster not to.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]