ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Authoring an After Effects Video/Compostion onto DVD via Encore

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David MorganAuthoring an After Effects Video/Compostion onto DVD via Encore
by on Jun 10, 2013 at 5:18:29 pm

I'm currently attempting to author a video I have created in After Effects onto a DVD using Encore and to post the video on YouTube. The Youtube settings are no problem whatsoever. The problems is with Encore, I'm getting the quality of the video dropping drastically when place into Encore and played back and with some codecs the video bounces.

I've tried a number of codec at various quality and settings but I'm no closer to getting a decent quality playback.

The basic setting for my After Effects file are as follows (these we're created with a view to keeping the quality high for Youtube):

I'm using all the latest versions of the Adobe software.

As I write this it occurred to me I could nest the above comp into another Comp and adjust the Preset settings to the correct preset? Or could it simply be a codec issue?

Please help. The video is for our wedding invites and we really wanna get this right.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Authoring an After Effects Video/Compostion onto DVD via Encore
by on Jun 10, 2013 at 6:20:28 pm

yes, you could nest into a comp with the final video size(720x480) and render that out, but what you render to will be the issue as to quality. My work-flow when doing this is to render to a master(for us that would be Avid DNxHD 720pm), then take that master, drag it into Media Encoder and use the DVD preset to make my files for a DVD. I don't even change the DVD presets. It would be a large file, but if you really want to maintain quality, send your file to the the render queue and select "Best Settings" and "Lossless" and you will create an uncompressed master. Lastly, when you bring your file into encoder, right click on it and choose the interpret footage dialogue and make sure that Encoder is reading your footage correctly.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kris MerkelRe: Authoring an After Effects Video/Compostion onto DVD via Encore
by on Jun 11, 2013 at 2:53:23 pm

Use AME for all your pre DVD build encoding Start with the presets and tweak from there for optimal quality. Sending media straight to encore from any app is analogous to putting on a blindfold and getting behind the wheel of a car.

"Think of everything in terms of building capacity."

Kris Merkel
twitter: @kris_merkel
Product Manager, Flanders Scientific Inc.
Co-Founder, Atlanta Cutters Post Production User Group

2.2Ghz MBP core i7
16Gb RAM
FSI LM-2461W/CM-170W

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved