ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to link "A" layer's keyframe position with "B" layer's position??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vipati hiteshHow to link "A" layer's keyframe position with "B" layer's position??
by on Jun 9, 2013 at 6:27:19 pm

Hello All,

I am learning AE CS5.5 by online tutorials & forums. My question is little complicated but I hope you all will help me and solve it.

I have two Layers in a composition. I have keyframed 1st layer's scale property. There are four keyframes on that layer. 1st keyframe starts on 100th frame & 2nd layer also starts form 100th frame. Now I want to link this four keyframes with 2nd layer's position.

For example, If I move 2nd layer from 100th frame to 150th frame, the first keyframe of first layer (which is on 100th frame)shold also move to 150th frame automatically.

Please check below snapshot for better understanding on my question:

Sorry for my little poor English but I hope you all will understand what I want to ask. Please tell me if you want more snapshot or clarification to understand the question.

In addition, this is just an example, I want to repeat this action on hundreds of layers in differnt differnt projects so it is very complicated for me to move all keyframes manually everytime.

Thanks & Regards,

Vipati

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: How to link "A" layer's keyframe position with "B" layer's position??
by on Jun 10, 2013 at 1:47:40 am

Look at using Expressions to link the position property of layer 2 to the position property on layer 1. Andrew Devis, from the COW, has a few good tutorials on creating/using Expressions.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

vipati hiteshRe: How to link "A" layer's keyframe position with "B" layer's position??
by on Jun 10, 2013 at 4:18:13 pm

Hello Roland,

Thanks for your reply but I am using dial up connection that's why I will not be able to watch video tutorial. It will take hours to buffer the video tutorial. Can you please tell me steps for this??

In addition, I don't want to link 1st layer's scale property with 2nd layers position property. I want to link 1st layer's scale property with 2nd layer's in point (where 2nd layer starts).

Sorry again because I am not able to watch online tutorial, it will take more than 3 hours for me to buffer.

Thanks & Regards,

Vipati

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]