ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Remove background object. Tricky situation? Need recommendations!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sara Phillips Alcami
Remove background object. Tricky situation? Need recommendations!
on Jun 9, 2013 at 4:33:33 pm

Hello friends,

There is this shot I have for my project where we got this little town on the background left. I want to take that out of this shots because I don't want to show any human structure in this natural enviroment. I would like to make that part blue like the sky.

I don't know much about After Effects but I've been researching a little bit about removing objects from a shot with after effects: Simple object removal, rotoscoping...

I was wondering what would be better to use in my situation, it seems to me a difficult one, because what i want to remove is seen through the wheat plants, and is also panning down.

Would simple object removal work? Rotoscoping? Maybe trying to make a soft focus and try to disguise it changing colour then? Any other things in After effects for this I don't know about?

I have no idea what is the best thing for me. Is it possible to remove or is very difficult?

What would you do?

Thank you!!

Sara

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Remove background object. Tricky situation? Need recommendations!
on Jun 9, 2013 at 5:28:46 pm

You could use the Clone Stamp tool to cover the town with some wheat from elsewhere in the shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]