ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Unusual 3D camera tracker problem?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan TillUnusual 3D camera tracker problem?
by on Jun 8, 2013 at 12:44:42 am

Hello there, I have recntly began to use the 3D camera tracking tool within adobe after effects CS6, however i have an unusual problem i can't seem to figure out.

The 3D camera tracker itself works a charm and is accurate, But when i am trying to import imagery to track into the scene, it forces it to track and stick to the very beginning of the scene.

What i am trying to do is have the camera pan out into a matte painted scene with it originally off screen being revealed, but no matter what i do, once the camera is enabled it forces the matte painting onto the first frame and when the camera then pan's to where it should be, it is entirely off screen (due to it being stuck where the scene first starts!)

Any help would be great, I'm not sure what is causing this problem and it would make life easier if someone could possibly explain this.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Unusual 3D camera tracker problem?
by on Jun 8, 2013 at 2:26:40 am

Split the layer into pieces and use the Camera Tracker on the layer that contains the motion that you want to track.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Unusual 3D camera tracker problem?
by on Jun 8, 2013 at 4:53:46 am

You've not mentioned how you've applied a solved point onto the matte painting. I am thus assuming that you are parenting the matte painting to one of solved points. When you parent the matte painting, do so at frame where it is first strategically placed. Only then should you initiate the parenting hierarchy.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved