ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Scratch removal problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristiana ApostolScratch removal problem
by on Jun 7, 2013 at 2:56:58 pm

It would be great if anyone could supply even a short answer, as I've been researching this for quite some time and still haven't found a valid option.

Situation: Black&white film, very grainy - at least 400asa i think, dpx workflow, need to remove two scratches from a shot. Scratches move from left to right pretty much all the time. The camera also moves on all axes. Scene was shot in an interior and as you can imagine there are a lot of details these scratches overlap. Basically everything moves. The lens used was a wide-angle. Camera is hand-held from a fixed point (cameraman only panned a few degrees when a character rose from the couch and left the room).

Question (s): Is there a way to remove these scratches without having to stabilize the shot and therefor lose information?
The ReVision plugin (for example) didn't help as the shapes these scratches overlap are very irregular and need to maintain position and appearance, while any plugins i've tried so far simply massacre the details.
I've tried various ways of removing the scratches but i just can't seem to pull it off in a way that i'm 100 percent happy with the outcome.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Scratch removal problem
by on Jun 8, 2013 at 4:55:07 am

You may want to take a look at mochaPro's Remove Module. There's a 14-day, fully functional trial version from the Imagineer site.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

Cristiana ApostolRe: Scratch removal problem
by on Jun 8, 2013 at 9:54:57 am

Thanks for the suggestion - going to test it today.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved