ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adjustment Layer turning solid???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudia Gabriela
Adjustment Layer turning solid???
on Jun 4, 2013 at 11:55:45 pm

Hey guys, i'm new to After Effects so bear with me. I'm trying to blur some footage by creating an adjustment layer, then drawing a mask on the adjustment layer to blur the video.

After some time of editing, usually when i click away to get rid of the mask outline, i can't add a new mask onto a new adjstment layer, or even the older ones. It automatically jumps to the video layer and creates a mask that only reveals the image and makes everything outside what i drew, black.

I try to click on the adjustment layer to draw the mask, but it just keeps jumping to the video layer.... i have no idea how to fix this. And now all the adjustment layers i had on here are white.... and the "eye" you click on to view the layers are gray... Undo just takes away the key frames I set, not this mess of a mode it seems to be in.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Adjustment Layer turning solid???
on Jun 5, 2013 at 2:54:11 am

Is the adjustment layer locked?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Claudia Gabriela
on Jun 5, 2013 at 3:08:28 am

If by locked you mean, the little "lock" icon is activated, then no

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 5, 2013 at 3:19:06 am

Yes, that's what I meant. If you show screenshots of what you're seeing, it will help. Even better, record the screen and post a movie of the issue.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Claudia Gabriela
on Jun 5, 2013 at 2:18:08 pm

it happens when i double click on the adjustment layer. in the composition where all the layers are listed. i can't post a video since its on a company computer i work for. or a screen shot.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 5, 2013 at 4:29:00 pm

If you double-click a layer, it opens in the Layer panel. Don't do that unless you want to operate on the source for a single layer.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]