ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

how to "equalize" 16bit footage AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jovan Strelhow to "equalize" 16bit footage AE
by on Jun 3, 2013 at 9:16:29 pm

This footage i am working with has considerable problems with light flickering - and i am going back and forth with equalize and some flicker removal effects. The thing is equalize gives me great overall colors BUT i get weird banding issues, it's 8 bit only effect.

the footage consists of a character that is in focus and a huge sunlit window in the back. There is no studio lightning, character is lit only by bounce light from the window.
The footage is badly shot, and re-shooting is not a option.
+ i have to do some MASSIVE color correction, almost to a point of sky blue light

That huge window in the shot would normally be a massive hotspot blackhole but with equalize the brightness gets dulled and overall it looks fine.

Is there any effect/combination of effects that works similar to an equalize effect? (i tried combining some effects but those whitespots are giving me a headache). I know that situation is hopeless, but i agreed to help out a friend before seeing actual footage, and now i am counting the ways i would like to twist his neck :D

huge thanks for any suggestions
footage was taken with a nikon d2000

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: how to "equalize" 16bit footage AE
by on Jun 4, 2013 at 3:57:26 am

Try the Color Stabilizer effect.

Return to posts index

Jovan StrelRe: how to "equalize" 16bit footage AE
by on Jun 16, 2013 at 12:51:47 pm

thanks, but i didn't do the trick - with it applied the footage showed even more flickering, i did adjust its settings
in the end i stayed with equalizer, i've only switched the ordering of the effects and it brought the level of banding to a somewhat minimal level

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved