ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Primatte Keyer problem in AE CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Small
Primatte Keyer problem in AE CS6
on Jun 2, 2013 at 6:23:29 pm

It's happened over and over again. It first started when I would move a layer in my timeline, and all of a sudden my greenscreen layer turned purple. So I apple+z'd it and got my key back. Then I would reorder effects on the GS layer and lost my key again. Hit Undo and it was back. What a pain.

Now I go to export a test and it turns purple the minute I hit render!! I cancelled the export and go back into my comp and the rug is purple again. PLEASE HELP!!! DEADLINE MONDAY AND I'M STARTING TO GET FREAKED OUT!

Tom

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Primatte Keyer problem in AE CS6
on Jun 2, 2013 at 7:38:55 pm

Do you get the same result with Keylight?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Tom Small
on Jun 2, 2013 at 7:53:48 pm

Thanks for the response man. Keylight doesn't glitch like this, but I'm getting a much better key out of primatte in this instance and would just like it to work right.

I'm getting it to work occasionally, it's just a PITA. I have to redo the key every now and then and most of the time it's staying. It's odd to me, because normally I can search the web and find others having the same issue when I have a problem, but not in this instance. I posted on redgiants forum hopefully they'll take a look at it.

Thanks again.

Tom

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jun 2, 2013 at 9:53:00 pm

It's a weird issue- never heard of something like that. If you find an answer post it here so others can benefit from it.
In the mean time here are a couple of pointers for Keylight:
Use the Intermediate result for less noise
Apply a Matte Choker to refine edge
Use AE's own spill suppressor

This usually does the trick for me.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Tom Small
on Jun 2, 2013 at 10:39:58 pm

Thanks for the tips- I'll try out AE's spill suppressor... I've gotten pretty good at many settings in key light but I'll try it with just the one's you suggested and see how that works. I love primatte's Auto compute, it's pretty spot on sometimes...

I'll be sure to post if I figure out the problem.

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]