ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS6 camera solve to C4D not aligned properly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry ChadwickAfter Effects CS6 camera solve to C4D not aligned properly
by on May 30, 2013 at 7:45:50 pm

Hello!

I am currently working on sending camera tracker data from AE CS6 into C4D R14 for 3D work.
I have sent multiple projects over from AE with no problem, but now I'm having an issue with a camera tracker.

I shot a desk surface, which wasn't a lock off.. (take a look at my icon) just a some movement where I rotate around the desktop a bit. I solved the camera, and nulls,solid, texts are locking to the surface.

When I send the camera over to C4D r14, it is way out of whack. Even without adding a background layer (with the orig video clip) I can tell it is orientated wrong.

I've tried to put objects, the camera, and then sometimes both in a null and try to line it up with the clip.. but its not working very well

Is this a known issue? I do understand there are corrective steps to be taken sometimes with a solve like this. All the video tuts. I've found have simple shots/tracks that line right up in C4D, but nothing with camera rotation around a plain like I have.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects CS6 camera solve to C4D not aligned properly
by on May 30, 2013 at 8:20:35 pm

Check the Pixel resolution aspect ratio of the AE comp and the C4D project. They should match, and the AE project is the easier of the two to modify. Nested comps in the C4D settings help as well for footage layers.

Then remember that AE tracking data usually begins in the upper-left corner, but many 3D applications begin dead-center. Thus, AE tracks are all positive values, but C4D may be positive AND negative values.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Larry ChadwickRe: After Effects CS6 camera solve to C4D not aligned properly
by on May 31, 2013 at 2:10:35 pm

Thanks Dave!

I did render it out, and technically it is lining up, but I'll clarify the issues I'm noticing.

To your point about the origin data, that is the first issue. The 2 solids I placed in AE on the surface to translate over to C4D are there, but not centered on the C4D origin (0,0,0) to get objects to stick to the plain i want to track onto, I have to move them over and rotate them.. I'd love to find a way to flatten out the scene (with camera of course) so new objects pop in where they need to be.

Screen shot: shows the plains, and the C4D origin:

Secondly, I dropped some objects in and rendered them out, but now they are slipping off the track in AE.
I need to triple check the aspect ratios, and frame rates.. but it looks like it is floating above the tracked surface.

Helmet Table Track

Thanks for the help.

Larry Chadwick
Video/Finishing Editor
Pluto Post
hellopluto.com
larrychadwick.com

Return to posts index

Chris SchoenmakerRe: After Effects CS6 camera solve to C4D not aligned properly
by on Jun 4, 2013 at 7:37:00 am

Hi Larry,

Did you have any luck sorting this one out? I'm having the same issue, the only difference is I have C4D r12. Everything seems correct however I have noticed the rotation coordinates in C4D are the opposite of what they are in AE (CS6).

If anyone knows the answer to this dilemma please let us know.

Thank you,

Chris.

Return to posts index

Larry ChadwickRe: After Effects CS6 camera solve to C4D not aligned properly
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 1:35:11 pm

No I havent found a solution yet. It has to exist out there, we couldnt be the first people to want to solve a camera in after effects and round trip with C4D.

I'll end up doing camera solves with pf track and nuke to get the results I'd like to achieve.

Larry Chadwick
Video/Finishing Editor
Pluto Post
hellopluto.com
larrychadwick.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]