ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Advice and Tips for future videos??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grady GillAdvice and Tips for future videos??
by on May 29, 2013 at 11:33:48 pm

This is the first video I shot and edited. I know my green screen was wrinkled so the keying wasn't perfect. I learned that through trial and error but if everyone can view and give me feedback and advice that would be green. Im just trying to better my craft and the people on this site are so helpful. Here is the video. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: Advice and Tips for future videos??
by on May 31, 2013 at 2:13:19 am

The better the greenscreen footage, the better and easier you will receive results. If you do get footage where there is uneven lighting or wrinkles, key your footage ignoring those parts and then use trash masks to remove them. Its very important to not just light the greenscreen evenly, but also to try to get your greenscreen subject lighted the same way as they would be in whatever background you are replacing the greenscreen with. This, in itself, is its own art.

Consider duplicating your greenscreened footage. Give the bottom layer a strong blur and the top layer a slightly more stringent keying. This can help it feel a lot less like flat footage pasted on top of something else. Also consider masking to key the head and body separately as hair is notoriously difficult to key.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved