ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need to update project info in a panel...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gottron
Need to update project info in a panel...
on May 29, 2013 at 6:21:11 pm

Okay so I have this script that loads in project info (name, starting frame, total frames, etc)

But the problem is that if I go and load another project, the panel doesn't update with the new information. For example, if I load a project named "projectA" the panel will initially work fine. If I then load a project named "projectB" I would expect the panel would update with the new projectB info, but it does nothing.

No matter what I do I can't get it to load the new project info. Is this possible? Is there a way to "refresh" or "reload" a panel? The only possible solution so far is to make it into a window and then close/reopen the window... but I'd really prefer to get that result inside a panel instead.

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Need to update project info in a panel...
on May 30, 2013 at 9:38:58 am

Why not add a "refresh" button to your panel/script that triggers your script to run again?

The only other real solution is to have the script poll (ask for) the project info every ~5 seconds and update the panel if it senses a change. Off the top of my head I'm not sure if AE scripts can do polling... the javascript function is called setInterval.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]