ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Need to update project info in a panel...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris GottronNeed to update project info in a panel...
by on May 29, 2013 at 6:21:11 pm

Okay so I have this script that loads in project info (name, starting frame, total frames, etc)

But the problem is that if I go and load another project, the panel doesn't update with the new information. For example, if I load a project named "projectA" the panel will initially work fine. If I then load a project named "projectB" I would expect the panel would update with the new projectB info, but it does nothing.

No matter what I do I can't get it to load the new project info. Is this possible? Is there a way to "refresh" or "reload" a panel? The only possible solution so far is to make it into a window and then close/reopen the window... but I'd really prefer to get that result inside a panel instead.

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Need to update project info in a panel...
by on May 30, 2013 at 9:38:58 am

Why not add a "refresh" button to your panel/script that triggers your script to run again?

The only other real solution is to have the script poll (ask for) the project info every ~5 seconds and update the panel if it senses a change. Off the top of my head I'm not sure if AE scripts can do polling... the javascript function is called setInterval.

Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved