ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking a Shape Layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carlos deeMotion Tracking a Shape Layer
by on May 28, 2013 at 2:41:17 am

i have a black shape layer that is being track matted, it rotates around the center, i want to motion track one of the corners of the black shape layer being track matted, as shown in the diagram, but when i click on the shape layer it doesnt allow me to use the motion tracking, is the motion tracking only for video? or what can i use to track motion of shapes? thanks! im using AE CS6

Mac Pro 12Core 2.4
12GB Ram
2TB SSD
Mac OSX 10.6.8

Quadro 4000 & ATI 5770

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Motion Tracking a Shape Layer
by on May 28, 2013 at 3:47:11 am

i'm not sure you need to motion track... if you need another layer to follow that point, poition it on that point and then parent it to the shape layer and the layer should follow that point.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

carlos deeRe: Motion Tracking a Shape Layer
by on Jun 3, 2013 at 3:30:03 am

well the thing is how do i position it on that point, i dont want to change the position of it, becuase the position is linked to a script that makes the shape rotate with time so the position is not moving, its the rotation that is moving and causing the shape to move, you follow me, so by positioning the layer to be parented with the rotationg object is probably justb going to make the object rotate, which i dont want it to, i want it to follow it, like i have drawn it on the diagram thanks!

FinalCut pro 7
Adobe CS 6
ProTools 10
Cinema 4D R14
Ableton Live 9
Lightroom 4
Office 2011

Mac Pro 12Core 2.4
64GB Ram
2TB SSD
Mac OSX 10.7.5
Dual 27" Cinema Displays
Quadro 4000 & ATI 5770

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Motion Tracking a Shape Layer
by on Jun 6, 2013 at 8:23:27 pm

position the layer that needs to track that point on the point, then parent it to the layer that is rotating.

then to counter the rotation use this expression on the parented layer's rotation property:

-parent.transform.rotation

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]