ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trouble with a mocha track on a statue (pages on the book)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Jeff Memmer
Trouble with a mocha track on a statue (pages on the book)
on May 26, 2013 at 3:10:15 am

Here's the link to the short 15 second vid:

This seems like it would be simple, but it's really kicking my butt.

I've attempted to track the pages for a basic corner pin. The track turns out terrible every time. I've tried quite a few things, but not getting the results. I'm using Mocha 2.6.2 build 4468 and AE CS4.

I have perspective selected. I've upped the min % pixels. I've changed from Luminance to Auto Channel as a trial. I've tried a track matte in the middle portion of the right page, similar to cutting out the reflection on a screen that's often shown in tutorials. I'm having the most trouble with the adjustrack, because there does not appear to be any clear points to set as the reference corners to for the masters.

Return to posts index

Jeff Memmer
Re: Trouble with a mocha track on a statue (pages on the book)
on May 26, 2013 at 3:30:56 am

Well, I think I figured it out. Just kept at it, then started watching the newer tutorials; specifically, the "Fantasy Elf Shot from Start to Finish using mocha Pro and After Effects"

I notice she was adding quite a few more spline points than I was using. That seemed to do the trick - at least for the first 5 seconds.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 26, 2013 at 4:07:23 am

This should be easy for mocha. I suggest that you take (and post) a snapshot of your mocha canvas which includes your tracking spline. Also place the Planar Surface so that I can have an idea where the insert is supposed to be placed.

Setting mocha's search parameters to 90% of pixels used, auto channel and with perspective should be close to optimal settings for this shot.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

Jeff Memmer
on May 26, 2013 at 4:27:32 am

go figure, as soon as I post this, I figure it out. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]