ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can you use quadro k2000 & k5000 on same z820 workstation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe PresswoodCan you use quadro k2000 & k5000 on same z820 workstation?
by on May 25, 2013 at 8:00:06 pm

Had the k2000, just upgraded to the k5000.

Didn't know if I should dell the k2000 or if it could be used?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Can you use quadro k2000 & k5000 on same z820 workstation?
by on May 25, 2013 at 11:11:18 pm

From Adobe: If you have multiple GPUs installed, the GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D renderer will use the CUDA cores on all of them, as long as they are of the same CUDA compute level. (See the technical specifications of your GPU for its CUDA compute level.) After Effects will also use all of the VRAM on the installed GPUs, with the caveat that both cards will be treated as if they each have the amount of VRAM on the card with the lesser amount of VRAM.

The reason that the GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D renderer is limited to working on only specific GPUs is simple: testing. We are committed to making After Effects stable and reliable—as well as fast—so we must thoroughly test every card that we say After Effects will use to provide these features.

So if you install it, I believe AE will work but work based of the VRAM of the loweset GPU, your K2000

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Joe PresswoodRe: Can you use quadro k2000 & k5000 on same z820 workstation?
by on May 26, 2013 at 5:41:22 pm

Thank you for the answer, it starts to get confusing which is the best road when upgrading a computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]