ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Can you copy effects across multiple comps/still images?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew NicholasCan you copy effects across multiple comps/still images?
by on May 24, 2013 at 11:10:40 pm

I'm creating a video from a series of still images, the idea will be to travel through them over time in w/the 3d cam. As the camera passes each image, I want them to fade away, and I've been doing a shatter to do this. I've actually been using this tutorial -

I've got it working for one of the images, so hurrah for that. However, my question is = is there a way to apply the shattering to each of the images, aka so they each shatter. If I can 'copy/paste' this effect then it'll save me having to manually do it for each image, which'll be a big time saver, esp as I'm not the best at this.

If there isn't a way I'll have to do it manually which'll take a lot of repetitive time!

In the above tutorial there's a lot of comping/precomping so there's essentially multiple layers of stuff going on you see, so it's not a case of just copying the one effect, there's the tree of stuff going on.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Can you copy effects across multiple comps/still images?
by on May 25, 2013 at 3:28:47 am

You should look at setting up the precomps such that they form an independent hierarchy with one precomp used as the first part of the hierarchy. If you've set this up appropriately, you can place all the comps and the input/source layer into a folder. You can then duplicate this folder, dive into the duplicate folder and replace the input/source layer with a new layer.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved