ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

request for feedback about proposed change for keyboard shortcut

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Koprivarequest for feedback about proposed change for keyboard shortcut
by on May 23, 2013 at 9:49:07 pm

Please see this request for feedback regarding a change to a keyboard shortcut in After Effects.

BTW, we're going to be asking a lot of questions like this in the near future, as I go through the top feature requests and we work on addressing as many of them as we can for release later this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: request for feedback about proposed change for keyboard shortcut
by on May 23, 2013 at 10:10:36 pm

I like U to show only keyframed properties. This excludes showing Expressions which is also shown for the existing implementation of U.

BTW, Todd, it will be good to include a backstory to each question that you post as it will provide a clearer platform for folks to see/appreciate the changes/feature requests.

In this case, the change in U has been made cos a lot of folks often only want to view keyframed properties. An additional step; EE is then required to toggle off view of Expressions after pressing the U key.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: request for feedback about proposed change for keyboard shortcut
by on May 24, 2013 at 3:28:57 am

AccKKK! Sorry Todd, I just realized that there is a backstory in the link you provided.

Folks, please do your part by sharing your thoughts on the feature requests (FR).

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

Matthew KeaneRe: request for feedback about proposed change for keyboard shortcut
by on May 24, 2013 at 9:26:28 am

At first, I liked the option for 3 modes toggled by banging on U until I see what I want (generally one of the first 2) but that's going to end up taking longer to cycle through the other modes to close the layer again. So perhaps your suggestion of keeping the current behavior, but adding SHIFT+U to show keyframes only would be the best option. Either way, a shortcut to show only keyframes would be a really useful addition.

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: request for feedback about proposed change for keyboard shortcut
by on May 24, 2013 at 1:09:03 pm

have you tried pressing shift + u with just your left hand Matthew? Does it come natural?

On a standard windows keyboard here they're just too far away to be a usefull shortcut, so I vote NO to modifiers. Any other options is valid to me, either changing current functionality or adding triple U's.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]