ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AFX 3d Camera tracker

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason ScrimshawAFX 3d Camera tracker
by on May 23, 2013 at 4:42:10 pm

I'm tracking a locked of shot in after effects,so I can cover a logo on a shirt, I had a look at tracking the object using the new 3d camera tracker and noticed when the track is solved the 3d track doesn't track to the moving object, but when I switch the Show Track Points to 2D Source the markers lock on to my moving object perfectly. Which is what I need. Is there a way of attaching a null or solid to these track points or getting that track data, as they are better than using the old tracker.
Any help would be gratefully recived.
Cheers Jason.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AFX 3d Camera tracker
by on May 23, 2013 at 6:38:56 pm

answered here

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: AFX 3d Camera tracker
by on May 23, 2013 at 8:18:00 pm

This might work for you. Set Show Track Points to 2D Source, check Render Track Points, adjust the Track Point Size and drop this into another Comp.

Do a normal After Effects motion track on that Comp using the rendered track points as a tracking marker. Apply to a Null.

Return to posts index

Jason ScrimshawRe: AFX 3d Camera tracker
by on May 24, 2013 at 11:04:12 am

Thanks, I did try that but the tracker was a little jerky even when I added a smooth expression, So tracked it in mocha instead and tracked great.
It's a shame you can't use the 2d source track points like you can on the 3d solve as the track points a spot on.
Cheers for the feed back, Jason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved