ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Colour Correcting. Whats the workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh BrineColour Correcting. Whats the workflow
by on May 22, 2013 at 10:46:46 pm

I need to improve vastly very quickly my colour correction abilities.

I have a scene, its an overcast, dark live action plate of a snowy area. i Need to composite a car traffic accident into this scene.

I have modelled the bus im going to use, but my Colour correcting skills are non existent. I found a good tutorial on using Levels & the colour channels with an adjustment layer with exposure cranked up to match the gray scale values, but i dont really know what im aiming to match.

There are few shadows anywhere, no highlights because its so overcast. these tutorials are no good to me if i dont know what im aiming to achieve.

also it is shot or red1 and its still in raw format.

I rendered a still from 3d app as a 32bit EXR, and am working in 32 bit space.

someone please give me some advice, i dont even know what im asking for really, but in a nutshell it would have to be, how do you go about Colour correction? what steps/methods do you use. and what, on a technical level are you trying to achieve with each one.

Right now im focusing only on taking this render of a bus and putting it into scene in a convincing way.

i lit the bus globally and it has next to no shadows or definition because the lighting is so diffused. I cannot tell what direction light is comming from in the plate.

Return to posts index

Grady GillRe: Colour Correcting. Whats the workflow
by on May 23, 2013 at 4:32:21 pm

Im not sure but maybe this one will help with the color correction and grading....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved