ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Changing the 'Solids' folder in AE CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph SimonsChanging the 'Solids' folder in AE CS6
by on May 22, 2013 at 6:56:23 pm

Greetings, Cows!

I was wondering if anyone was aware of a way to change the default name of the 'Solids' folder that manifests after you create a Solid in AE. I am working in CS6, but I have never known of a way to do this in any older version. As it stands, the default is 'Solids' with a capital S.

It's a bit of a nitpick-y problem, but my project footage is all named under the same format, lowercase_secondaryinfo_123.ext; similarly, all of my crews' footage and project folders are named with that lowercase format. I'd like to rename the 'Solids' folder simply 'solids,' but when I do, it creates a new folder with the capitalized word. It sticks out like a sore thumb in my project window, at least for someone with OCD like me.

Again, I know this is a bit of a nitpicking issue, so thanks in advance to anyone who takes a swing at it!

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Changing the 'Solids' folder in AE CS6
by on May 22, 2013 at 7:23:39 pm

I would suggest living with it. This is... I think, the most un-problem problem I have ever seen posted.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Joseph SimonsRe: Changing the 'Solids' folder in AE CS6
by on May 22, 2013 at 7:48:32 pm

Thanks, I know it seems trivial, but in a field where organizing files and file types in a more unified manner can have a significant impact on overall workflow, especially with a large team, it could prove important. If it's not possible now, I'll certainly be requesting the feature to Adobe.

A cleaner workflow is ALWAYS a better workflow in my experience.

Thanks for the response, though!

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: Changing the 'Solids' folder in AE CS6
by on May 22, 2013 at 9:03:00 pm

Perhaps this might solve your problem...

http://aescripts.com/ae-global-renamer/

Return to posts index

Joseph SimonsRe: Changing the 'Solids' folder in AE CS6
by on May 23, 2013 at 9:24:23 pm

Thanks, I'll have to give this a shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]