ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE leaving Artifacts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin SimsAE leaving Artifacts
by on May 22, 2013 at 3:19:09 pm

I'm creating some basic motion graphics in the cloud version of AE that is being dynamic linked to Premiere. I first noticed the artifacts in premiere and then they started popping up in AE.

I don't know why they are there, but it's in a few of the clips that look the same. It is a piece of the overlay pattern on the background. Here's my PreComp of my background with the layer I feel is being affected highlighted:

Whenever I turn off the visibility of that layer, the issue goes away:

The main issue appears in that same spot in all the sequences. In playback, it'll flicker between visibility.

Anyone know why it is there in the first place and how I can get rid of it?

I've thought about just rendering out the background as a prerender then dropping that in the background, but I wanted to ask you guys first.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE leaving Artifacts
by on May 22, 2013 at 3:30:31 pm

The screen shot of the project window doesn't show if you've applied any effects to these layers.

To help diagnosis, I'd answer the following litany of questions. They DO help:

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Justin SimsRe: AE leaving Artifacts
by on May 22, 2013 at 3:56:29 pm

All that layer has on it is a mask which you can see and a Difference blending mode.

For your litany:

• CS6

• According to Adobe Application Manager I'm up to date

• I'm on Windows 8 64-bit

• Most of those graphics are built within After Effects. The Enspire font is an illustrator image, the lined pattern in the background that I'm having trouble with is a PSD

• Initially the problem happened but I kept working and after a few days it went away. I'm not sure what happened when it went away. I had recently moved all my files around, so they may have went away with having to re-render all the sequences. They appear randomly though because they line doesn't always appear within AE but it may show up in Premiere or vice versa. It even renders out when exporting from Premiere.

• Currently, the programs I'm running are Premiere, AE, Firefox, Outlook and Jabber.

• This computer is an HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT with Intel Core i7-3770 @ 340GHz and 16 gb of RAM.

• Return to posts index

Paul StevensonRe: AE leaving Artifacts
    by on May 24, 2013 at 3:27:12 pm

Try changing your layers from difference to something like overlay, or add and see what happens. You could compound your problem with the difference setting.

It looks a basic setup you have there, so if you want to upload it I will fire it up and see what happens.

Return to posts index

Justin SimsRe: AE leaving Artifacts
    by on May 24, 2013 at 3:45:07 pm

I appreciate it, but, just like it did before, the issue went away. Both times after not figuring it out, I continued working on the problem as if nothing was wrong and after a couple days Premiere wanted to render the effects in the timeline, and they were gone. The issue also disappeared in After Effects. So I don't have a solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2016 All Rights Reserved