ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particular 2 Seamless Loop Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth PenleyTrapcode Particular 2 Seamless Loop Question
by on May 21, 2013 at 3:31:06 pm

I have a question about using Trapcode Particular 2.2 to create a seamless loop for a background. I know how to use time sampling techniques to have actual particles loop within a composition, but I am trying to create a 20 second comp of something simple like a bokeh, just some simple soft particles being emitted from a horizon line or something that will loop seamlessly. Since there are no evolution settings in particular, I don't really know how to approach this. For some reason I thought it would be a little simpler to accomplish this. Maybe it is and I am just missing something. Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Trapcode Particular 2 Seamless Loop Question
by on May 21, 2013 at 4:38:00 pm

See Aharon Rabinowitz's Creating a Looping Particle System [link] for an in-depth explanation.

Basically, you need to duplicate your Particular layer, slide it in time so that the the frame after the last frame of the comp comes back to the first frame of the comp, then create two keyframes for the emitter: the first one at whatever value it already is, and the second one a single frame later at zero.

This way, the starting point for the particles in the top layer at the beginning of the comp is the natural continuation of the particles in the second layer at the end of the comp, and the particles in the duplicate system die off as the particles in the original system are born.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved