ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Plugins and Windows 8

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul StevensonAE Plugins and Windows 8
by on May 20, 2013 at 1:54:30 pm

Hello all.

I am getting a new machine for work (finally!) but I have to go on to Windows 8. Now I am about to ask about general compatibility over on the Creative Cloud forum, but this is specifically about AE Plugins.

The majority of the other CC programs I use are vanilla installs with nothing special extra, however AE is piled high and extras, some free, some not.

So I was wondering if there is anything inherently different in the Windows 8 installs over the Windows 7 ones? Basically, without going into specifics on plugins, am I likely to run into any problems I need to be aware of generally speaking?

I assume (I know!) they are in some common language that isn't really affected by OS, but I thought I would check.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shawn MillerRe: AE Plugins and Windows 8
by on May 20, 2013 at 6:33:15 pm

FWIW, I've been on Windows 8 for a few months now, and I haven't had any issues with plugins in AE. I use the Trapcode and Magic Bullet Suites on my Win8 machine.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE Plugins and Windows 8
by on May 22, 2013 at 12:28:45 am

> So I was wondering if there is anything inherently different in the Windows 8 installs over the Windows 7 ones?

No.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]