ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to render from AE CS6 to DVD?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Albert Renteria
How to render from AE CS6 to DVD?
on May 17, 2013 at 6:45:20 pm

I don't have Adobe Premiere or Encore, but I want to render my project out to DVD.

I tried rendering a lossless video and then using 4 different DVD Authoring programs, I converted it to DVD. However, it looks awful.

They convert the AVI to look blurry and pixelated. Is it because I should render it to another format before trying to convert it to DVD?

CS6 has no MPEG-2 option either for rendering.

When I upload to Youtube or make a MOV video, it looks great, but when I try to get it to DVD it looks bad. What should I do to get the highest quality DVD?

Also, I do have Vegas Pro 12. And I used the "burn to dvd" option in the Tools setting and that looks awful too.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: How to render from AE CS6 to DVD?
on May 22, 2013 at 1:45:33 am

You should have Adobe Media Encoder (AME) as part of AE CS. Use AME's DVD preset and you should be fine.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

Albert Renteria
on May 23, 2013 at 10:09:34 pm

Thanks, yeah I do have it after all. It doesn't look very good, though. Is it because the original video is higher resolution and wasn't originally made to be on DVD?

It looks blurry and pixelated. :( It's only 50mb too for a 1min clip.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 23, 2013 at 11:28:46 pm

[Albert Renteria] " It doesn't look very good, though. Is it because the original video is higher resolution and wasn't originally made to be on DVD?"

It's likely more the case that the original video wasn't very good to begin with. Additionally, ensure that you crank up the bitrate/datarate of the MPEG2 compression to 9MBps, which is close to the maximum allowable bitrate for DVD.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

Albert Renteria
on May 24, 2013 at 6:42:23 pm

My comp used the Preset: HDTV 1080 29.97 (1920x1080 with square pixels and 29.91 framerate)

When I render it to an AVI, MOV, etc... it looks flawless. Even after uploading to youtube, it looks great.

It's when I make it a DVD that it looks bad. Is this just a fact of life for making DVDs with Encore or am I doing something wrong?

I tried what you said, but it still drops the quality. I used to burn DVDs a long time ago using TMPEGEnc and they'd come out looking pretty much the same as the source, but it's such a tedious process.

I was hoping Encore would be just as good, but the drop in quality is huge. Is it because my composition settings aren't good for DVD making or is Encore not that great?

Return to posts index

Peter Dexter
on Aug 19, 2013 at 3:03:54 pm

HI
I was wondering if you had found any solutions. I have the exact same problem. No matter what I try I get a very soft poor quality render for dvd.
Just wondered.
Cheers

We spent all the budget on doughnuts and now we have no money to make our film.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]