ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

When blur mask hits edge of composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max PrumWhen blur mask hits edge of composition
by on May 16, 2013 at 10:56:28 pm

I'm sorry if this has been adressed before but I couldn't find it.

I'm tracking a blur on an object that is leaving the frame. When I use a mask to apply the blur, when it reaches the edge of the frame, black or whatever background color i've got the composition is revealed at the point where the blur hits the edge of the composition. When I use the rotobrush tool when the blur hits the edge of the frame the edge is not blurred.

How do I make it so that the blur goes all the way to the edge of the frame without revealing the background? Hope that made sense I am glad to clarify if that will help.

Max

Return to posts index

Max PrumRe: When blur mask hits edge of composition
by on May 16, 2013 at 11:00:40 pm

update, I discovered that if i expand the later slightly beyond the limits of the composition the problem is solved, I guess because we are no longer seeing the edge of the video recieve blur and be mixed with the background. But I would rather not do this. Is there a way to trick after effects into thinking the video is bigger than it is without actually blowing it up?

Return to posts index

Max PrumRe: When blur mask hits edge of composition
by on May 16, 2013 at 11:10:40 pm

ok so sorry to just narrate my learning process on this board but I tried making the mass subtractive, then putting the blur on another layer below and then creating a third layer scaling it up to 105% and blurring that. This looks pretty good with this particular shot. But if anyone has a better way I would still like to hear it.

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: When blur mask hits edge of composition
by on May 17, 2013 at 10:02:36 am

Hi -- I dont know for sure that AE has this but usually for something like this there is a check box somewhere ......

----------------------------- chris --

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: When blur mask hits edge of composition
by on May 17, 2013 at 6:07:31 pm

See the information about Repeat Edge Pixels in After Effects Help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]