ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

insane rendering times for mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

vincent lee
insane rendering times for mac
on May 16, 2013 at 10:15:34 am

I have been trying to render a clip that is 720p in resolution size, and it's 1 minute long. There are only 3 layers, and one effects (Colorama). And it take days to render I have not had this problem with any other software. My render settings are standard lossless QuickTime settings for the type of footage.

2x2.66ghz dual core Intel Xeon
Memory 10gb ram
Nvidia GeForce gtx 570 1280mb
500Gb SSD DRIVE
1TB HDD DRIVE

Mac os x lion 10.7.5

Adobe after effects cs6

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: insane rendering times for mac
on May 17, 2013 at 4:29:51 pm

[vincent lee] "I have been trying to render a clip that is 720p in resolution size, and it's 1 minute long. There are only 3 layers, and one effects (Colorama). And it take days to render I have not had this problem with any other software. My render settings are standard lossless QuickTime settings for the type of footage. "

Literally or figuratively days?

Three things I'd check.

First, unless you mean to use the ray-tracer, make sure your comp is set to the Classic 3D renderer. Ctrl-K (PC) or Cmd-K (Mac) to open your comp's Composition Settings, then Advanced tab, then make sure "Renderer" is "Classic 3D."

If that's not the problem, the next thing I'd check are your Preferences > Memory and Multiprocessing settings. Please report back with what you have here.

Finally, check your storage. Can you actually read these files and write out to this disk elsewhere?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

vincent lee
Re: insane rendering times for mac
on May 23, 2013 at 9:18:48 am

Actually because of deadlines I just gave up on after effects and just used premiere. The 3D render was checked, and storage is fine. So I have no idea why its behaving this way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]