ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

HOw can i make it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matta RoushdyHOw can i make it?
by on May 15, 2013 at 12:38:00 pm

I need to shoot my new clip like this freezing people and elements while the other moving.

Many thanks for your Help

Matta Roushdy

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: HOw can i make it?
by on May 15, 2013 at 1:29:51 pm

Ah! The weekly "how do I make a timeslice effect" question! I assume you have a reasonable budget or a lot of time - you're going to need it! you can either:
1. Shoot the scene as normal, but ensuring the static people remain absolutely still, to give the illusion of a frozen frame, like this:

2. Model the static elements (people, etc) in 3D, and animate the camera moving through them and comp your live action (moving) people on it.
3. Get hold of a few dozen digital cameras (you'll need one per frame of your shot, so assuming 25fps, you'll need 100 cameras for a 4-second shot), set them up precisely and trigger them to all take a shot at precisely the same time. This is how the timeslice effect is done properly.
4. Get someone else to do it, such as:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there really is no easy way of doing it. It's certainly not just an effect or plug-in. It's amazing how long this technique has survived - I remember first seeing it in a (Chemical Brothers?) music video around 1993 and being very impressed.

- Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved