ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Avid codec with After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane CaffreyAvid codec with After Effects
by on May 15, 2013 at 9:13:43 am

Hello,

I have been asked to deliver files wrapped with the Avid codec and in 1080p. I am creating timelapse clips in After Effects and rendering out.

My normal workflow is to use the Cineform codec and the files come out fine and in progressive.

The only thing I have changed in my workflow is to use the DNxHD codec and it is turning my files into interlaced. I have been using an Avid DNxHD codec when rendering quicktime files.

Can someone advise is there a way around this? Sorry if I have not enough info, let me know and ill give it.

Creating timelapse from image sequence, onto a comp, adjustments then add to render. I never have any upper or lower field, always left none.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Avid codec with After Effects
by on May 15, 2013 at 4:52:36 pm

[Shane Caffrey] "The only thing I have changed in my workflow is to use the DNxHD codec and it is turning my files into interlaced. I have been using an Avid DNxHD codec when rendering quicktime files."

DNxHD specifies raster size, interlacing, frame size and data rate in the codec settings. These are fixed and cannot be arbitrarily defined.

Try this:

Add your comp to the render queue. Click on the output module to edit it. Set the format to QuickTime, then click the "Format Options..." button to set the codec. Change the codec to "Avid DNxHD Codec" then click the "Codec Settings" button. Click the Resolutions drop-down and select a 1080p format that meets your needs.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Shane CaffreyRe: Avid codec with After Effects
by on May 16, 2013 at 8:59:45 am

I knew it was something stupid that I was doing! Great thank you for that

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved