ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Strange Artifacting with Quicktime/PNG codec

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josshuae Matias
Strange Artifacting with Quicktime/PNG codec
on May 14, 2013 at 8:15:24 pm

Hi there,

Was hoping someone would have some thoughts about this issue I'm having..I have a fly-through animation which I rendered and made into a video. The video was an uncompressed .avi file. Upon reading some of the posts here about artifacting I decided to try and re-code to .mov with PNG codec. I did, however, now whenever I slow down my clips at the end and turn on frame blending, the clips completely freak out (for lack of a better term) and the effect just doesn't work.

The uncompressed .avi's work well, I was just looking to reduce the artifacting as much as possible, thus my conversion.

Also, my clips are drafts right now which are low-res, will the artifacting be reduced if I use HD resolution clips?

Thank you for the help!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Strange Artifacting with Quicktime/PNG codec
on May 14, 2013 at 8:22:03 pm

[Josshuae Matias] "The uncompressed .avi's work well, I was just looking to reduce the artifacting as much as possible, thus my conversion. "

Uncompressed AVI and QuickTime PNG are both lossless (though color depth may come into play). You should not be seeing any artifacts.

Can you post some frames so we can see what you see?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Josshuae Matias
Re: Strange Artifacting with Quicktime/PNG codec
on May 14, 2013 at 10:13:50 pm

Part of the problem might be the amount of slow-down I'm re-mapping in AE. So I'm increasing the length of the animation to see how it works.

If it still continues to give me problems I'll post some frames.

Thanks Walter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]