ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cd4 & ae6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo MartyCd4 & ae6
by on May 13, 2013 at 8:01:22 pm

How well is CD4 intergrated with ae6 in relation to the anounnced new ae comming up?

RM

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Cd4 & ae6
by on May 13, 2013 at 8:12:26 pm

What's announced looks to be almost full integration, no rendering required to go from C4D to AE. Set up models in C4d open and work in AE with full 3d models.

The current set-up is pretty good but nothing like that. You can export files that contain lights, cameras...from one app to the other, that's just a matter of saving a scene file. I've never gone from Ae to C4D, but from C4D to AE, you need set up your cameras, models, lights and render out the passes, ambient occlusion, specular, shadow, object... A special .aec will be generated, you open that up and it will contain lights camera moves plus all your passes, but if you change something, you will need to render the entire thing again, where the new workflow would be change it in C4D, save the file and it's updated in AE.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ricardo MartyRe: Cd4 & ae6
by on May 14, 2013 at 2:57:02 am

Does the CD4 architectural module work the same in ae6?

What about element 3d? what doe this do?

RMs

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Cd4 & ae6
by on May 14, 2013 at 3:06:33 am

Element 3D is a plugin for AE, from Video Copilot. While it is not a full featured 3D package, it enables you to bring in C4D and .obj 3d file formats into the Element 3D interface, texture map them, and animate them. It also has a built-in 3D "particle system" which allows you to repeat and animate the 3D models in a wide variety of patterns. As of the second version, it is allowing for obj animations to be imported, although I have not tried these as yet. It is very powerful and fast for what it does, and it also does some killer 3D text looks based on text created within AE. I've done a couple of projects recently which I would have had to do within 3D Studio Max otherwise - although that said, I did need 3DS Max to create the models I imported into Element 3D. But there are also a wide array of model libraries available from Video Copilot for Element 3D.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Cd4 & ae6
by on May 14, 2013 at 1:53:43 pm

Ricardo, I'm not sure what you mean by the C4D architectural module.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]