ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stutter in video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric LemasterStutter in video
by on May 13, 2013 at 4:32:43 pm

I have a video which consist of various panning shots. During editing and after exporting, I can play back on my 6 core 2.66 GHz 12GB 1333MHz DDR3 Mac with no problems. However, when I take the same export and trying to play back on a laptop or try to stream, the panning shots stutter - especially playing back with full screen.

It is apparent that there is a issue with the redrawing, because everything on the screen is moving. I cannot seem to remedy the issue without seriously affecting the picture quality. I have tried exporting using many differently settings but no dice.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Stutter in video
by on May 13, 2013 at 5:05:36 pm

Sorry, but your laptop can't keep up with the bit rate necessary for smooth playback of the file you rendered in AE.

As a starter, I recommend opening Adobe Media Encoder, adding your problem file from AE, and compressing it in a delivery codec; H.264 seems to be a current popular choice.

Of course, since you mention nothing about your delivery specifications nor the device upon which this file will be played back, I could have just given you totally bogus information.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric LemasterRe: Stutter in video
by on May 13, 2013 at 5:17:12 pm

Thanks for the quick replay Dave.

The video was exported from Premier Pro CS6 using the H.264 format, frame rate 29.97, NTSC, and a resolution of 1280x720. Also checked to use the maximum render quality and frame blending.

The laptop I am testing the video on is a Lenovo X1 carbox with an Intel Graphics 4000, Intel i5 1.88GHx processor and 8GB of memoery.

When playing the .mp4 file directly from my laptop, it's not too bad. It is a quite a bit more noticable when playing back from our Kaltura media server.

The video with ultimately be streamed from YouTube when compelted.

Thanks again for the help!

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2013 at 7:12:28 pm

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with either your laptop or server. But I still think it has a lot to do with the file's bit rate being too high.

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2013 at 7:14:14 pm

Thanks for the reply, Dave

The bitrates were set at 5Mpbs for the target and max. I'm currently trying 4Mbps and see how that goes.

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2013 at 7:33:22 pm

That bit rate should be fine. Now the problem goes back to the hardware, and the OTHER things you have it do as you play the file back.

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2013 at 7:45:36 pm

Definately the hardware. I uploaded the video, as unlisted, to YouTube, and still get the "jerkiness" on my laptop. When I play it back on my very loaded MAC, I don't see it at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]