ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

resize renders on output module on after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gonçalo Perdigao
resize renders on output module on after effects
on May 13, 2013 at 4:12:56 pm

Hi there,

I work a lot on full HD and sometime720s i need to resize the render on the output module, to 720X576 square, but when i do it, the aspect ratio changes, is no longer 1:1 but it is 1:35. to get 1:1 i must do a different format than 720X576.

The way around i found it was adding a new comp and put the size i want. but i would like to do it by the output module.

I recall thatb adobe change the size settings for the standart PAL and PAl DV on CS6 is these the reason that is no longer possible to do a resize on the output module?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: resize renders on output module on after effects
on May 13, 2013 at 4:20:07 pm

[Gonçalo Perdigao] "s these the reason that is no longer possible to do a resize on the output module?"

You can resize in the output module. Open up the output module and check the "Resize" and "Crop" options. You can use a negative crop to pad.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Gonçalo Perdigao
on May 13, 2013 at 10:31:29 pm

Hi walter thanks for the reply!

What im doing is selecting the resize, i dont want to crop.

The problem is that i want to convert a composition 1920X1080 wide screen into a 720X576 square render.

Is this possible to do it without adding a new comp of 720X576?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 13, 2013 at 10:45:09 pm

[Gonçalo Perdigao] "The problem is that i want to convert a composition 1920X1080 wide screen into a 720X576 square render."

Add your item to the render queue. Choose an output module like "Lossless."

Click on the name of the output module to open output module settings. Check the "Resize" checkbox and change the width to 720. If "Lock Aspect Ratio" is checked, this will also change the width to 405. (This might pose a problem for interlacing or not. Perhaps you want an even value here?)

Now check the "Crop" box and add some negative crops to the top and bottom to pad out the image. Use -86 on top and -85 on the bottom. Using a negative crop actually adds pad, and this will return the frame size to 720x576, letterboxing your original content.

If you'd rather take a center cut, then set the resize height to 576, reset the top and botton crop to 0, and set the left and right crops to 152 each.

Another option is to use Adobe Media Encoder to output your sequence. Open AME add an Ae composition from the File menu, or drag and drop the comp from Ae into AME. You can then use or create a PAL square pixel preset, with control over how the source sequence is scaled.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Matthew Ingram
on Nov 15, 2014 at 11:32:43 am

just EXACTLY what i needed to know. thanks walter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]