ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tracking Steadicam Shot with Mocha AE6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe WalakovitsTracking Steadicam Shot with Mocha AE6
by on May 8, 2013 at 6:57:22 pm

I have a commercial for a client that was shot with a steadicam through a hallway. On the wall there is a poster-board sign with a logo on it. We need to soften the edges of the board so it looks as if the logo blends in with wall. I've uploaded a still for reference.
I tracked the shot using Mocha AE, then copied the Corner Pin data onto a PreComp of a solid. The solid has a mask to feather the edges and a gradient on it as well as some other effects to get it close to the wall color. However, I am having a difficult time blending/softening the edges.
The original shot frame size is 1920x1080. The solid pre-comp is 1920x1080 and the corner pin data pins the precomp at the edges of the poster board. I tried making the precomp size larger to overlap the poster-board, however when I do this it messes up the track and shifts the solid precomp layer in the main comp.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions on how to soften the edges of the poster-board, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Tracking Steadicam Shot with Mocha AE6
by on May 9, 2013 at 12:39:46 am

Apply Channel Blur (then adjust the Alpha value) if all you need/want is to soften the edge in the 'final comp'.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved