ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video conversion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timur KhanVideo conversion
by on May 8, 2013 at 8:56:59 am

Hi guys,

a company has delivered a finished video that needs to be converted for web. They gave me some specifics but I have a few questions about that. Usually I use MPEG Streamclip to convert all my videos.

aspect ratio 786 x 1004
dimensions 1024 x 748
type file MPEG-4 (baseline profile)
codec H264 (baseline profile 3.1)
data rate 800kbps (3G + wifi)
extra x,y coordinates for position video landscape or portrait mode

1. How come the dimensions and aspect ratio are not the same? Neither are 4:3 or 16:9??
2. I have no problem converting MPEG-4 and H264 but where can I change the setting for the baseline profile? Or is this a standard thing?
3. How do I setup the requested coördinates?

Like I said I usually use MPEG STreamclip for all conversions since this is a free and pretty good software (well for me...). I used to use Compressor (Mac) but MPEG was better.
There are probably better software for conversion? What kind do you use?

Hope you can help me!

Kind regards,

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Video conversion
by on May 8, 2013 at 2:11:59 pm

If you do an H.264 in Media Encoder your can set the profile to "Baseline and and the level to 3.1.

I have no clue what they are asking for with the aspect ratio and dimensions and the coordinates, so you might want to clear it up with them or if they have a web guy talk to him directly(Best Option). Maybe someone else at the Cow might understand this though.

My experiences with clients and web files generally are the result of the client cobbling something together after typing into google something like "best web and mobile video files", so good luck.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved