ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animating in 2D?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zevie TannenbaumAnimating in 2D?
by on May 3, 2013 at 2:48:15 pm

I'm trying to create a video similar to this one,

The problem isn't the animating, but all the characters. Is there a place to download characters, backgrounds, props? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Greg NeumayerRe: Animating in 2D?
by on May 3, 2013 at 3:25:32 pm

You could do a search for clip art, or maybe check the Illustrations section of sites like iStockphoto.com, Pond5, Thinkstock, Revostock, etc.

However, I think your bigger problem will be finding everything you need at an affordable price, and not having it look like an artistic garage sale. For the cost of buying various different assets, I'd recommend you look into hiring an illustrator to do some drawings for you. Just like After Effects animators, there are droves of Illustrators and cartoonists out there that could achieve a style similar to that for a very reasonable price (certainly comparable to buying stock elements).

I'm afraid I'm not a good resource to direct you to that talent, but I'm sure someone here may have a favorite illustrator (or site). Many illustrators are familiar with drawing for animation, and keeping elements split up, ready for animation. I think you'd be a lot happier with the results.

Antifreeze Design
http://www.antifreezedesign.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Animating in 2D?
by on May 3, 2013 at 6:16:58 pm

[Greg Neumayer] "...I think your bigger problem will be finding everything you need at an affordable price, and not having it look like an artistic garage sale...."

I love the term "artistic garage sale"! Very descriptive!
May I use it elsewhere with your blessing?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]