ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Final Cut Pro X & After Effects CS6: Newcomer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike TangFinal Cut Pro X & After Effects CS6: Newcomer
by on May 1, 2013 at 12:21:44 am

Hello everyone,

I've done all my editing and color correction in FCPX for the past year. I just recently got After Effects CS6 and I am trying to understand what the proper work flow would be.

I have assembled and completed my project in FCPX and now I am ready to sharpen my footage and color correct. I was wondering how to go about doing this in After Effects (what the steps you would take).

I'm very new to Adobe so I need all the help I can get!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Final Cut Pro X & After Effects CS6: Newcomer
by on May 1, 2013 at 12:43:30 am

[Mike Tang] "I've done all my editing and color correction in FCPX for the past year. I just recently got After Effects CS6 and I am trying to understand what the proper work flow would be. I have assembled and completed my project in FCPX and now I am ready to sharpen my footage and color correct. I was wondering how to go about doing this in After Effects (what the steps you would take). "

Why specifically are you looking to do this in Ae instead of in FCPX?

After Effects is a great application with a really nice toolset, but and it's certainly capable of sharpening and color correction -- but doing this directly in your NLE or in a dedicated color app like SpeedGrade or Resolve would be a much smoother workflow.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]