ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Setting up a composition for mobile in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helena MastersonSetting up a composition for mobile in AE?
by on Apr 30, 2013 at 7:27:30 pm

I have been asked to produce an animation sting that will be used for mobile (which mobile hasn't been specified to me) and I have a few questions I was hoping I could get some help with.

Firstly, what information will I need to set up the composition? Does the AE composition setting option for mobile phone be adequate to use or is it best to get a specific size from the client?

Secondly, I've read the frame rate is best at 15fps. Why is it a lower frame rate for a phone? Is it to do with file size?

And lastly, what is the best export settings to use for mobile as to keep the file size low but the quality good?

Sorry if this is a lengthy post! I've worked on creatives before but only for computers or film. This all feels a bit new to me so any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Setting up a composition for mobile in AE?
by on Apr 30, 2013 at 7:36:23 pm

Talk to the client, but I just created a bunch of work for mobile and it was just make HD video's, upload to youtube and done. The mobile app picks the video size that it can play best. My work flow didn't change one bit, but again talk to the client and see if they have any specific frames rates & sizes.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Helena MastersonRe: Setting up a composition for mobile in AE?
by on Apr 30, 2013 at 8:34:39 pm

Great thanks John! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved