ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Why does the tracking in Mocha look so smooth but is jumpy or go off mark when exported to AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahsim Trizham
Why does the tracking in Mocha look so smooth but is jumpy or go off mark when exported to AE?
on Apr 30, 2013 at 4:12:25 am

I tracked a hair/head wound area using the planar tracker in Mocha and it looks absolutely perfect in the pre-render with logo insertions and all that. The track is clean, no jerk whatsoever, a great product for sure. But when I put the tracking data onto AE (tried cornerpin, red giant warp cornerpin, even tried to use transform data on a stabilized layer - goes off the mark) it doesn't look anything like the render in Mocha. Could someone tell me how I can get my track to look exactly like it did in Mocha? Oh, and the footage doesn't even have much movement, just some slight head tilt. It's literally like the easiest footage I had to work with, and yet here I am, getting pummeled by this one process. Any help/explanation greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
Re: Why does the tracking in Mocha look so smooth but is jumpy or go off mark when exported to AE?
on Apr 30, 2013 at 2:25:13 pm

The most common problems that occur with Mocha Tracking are a mismatch between the frame rate or the pixel aspect ratio.

Ensure that both the frame rate and the PAR match in Mocha and in After Effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]