ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animate an object to 'fly-in' from behind the viewerof video...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Walter
Animate an object to 'fly-in' from behind the viewerof video...
on Apr 29, 2013 at 7:52:03 am

Morning All,

Just a quick question.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to animate something which would fly in from behind the video viewer (as in whoever is watching the animation I'm making) to the front of their vision (probably not the best explained question).

Imagine someone was to lean over your shoulder and stick a sticker (in this case an advertisement) to the wall in front of you... Any quick simple way of doing this?

The animation uses mainly screenshots and vectors and the badge/sticker is just a circle with some text in it.

Many Thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Animate an object to 'fly-in' from behind the viewerof video...
on Apr 29, 2013 at 8:21:58 am

It is always easier if you provide some images- a simple storyboard sketch would do.
Also, more information about your project helps. Are you trying to do this over footage (existing video)? If so, is it already shot? Can you provide a clip?
If there is a camera move you need to track and solve the camera, create a Null using track points on the wall, position your sticker/ad there and animate in 3d the sticker moving back over the camera. Use Motion Blur and tweak speed to get desired effect.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Chris Walter
Re: Animate an object to 'fly-in' from behind the viewerof video...
on Apr 29, 2013 at 8:56:18 am

I appreciate you quick response mate,

You people are a lifeline to us motion graphics amateurs...

I'm a web designer not a motion graphics artist so its abit daunting when you get asked to do a promotional piece for work.

Fortunately since posting earlier this morning I have come up with a solution which is working well enough for me. I just used a camera, made my subject layer 3d (obviously) and then messed with the position and other bits of the camera.

And applied the motion blur like you suggested and it looks good enough as I'm working with flat colours mainly, vectors (images and text) over still images/screenshots of the product.

Thanks Again Matey (In future I will provide more info when asking for help!)

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]