ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Recording an AE video to a DVD to play on an RCA TV - what codec and file type?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi Boose
Recording an AE video to a DVD to play on an RCA TV - what codec and file type?
on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:41:58 pm

I'm putting a video in an art gallery - it is being created in Aftereffects. I bought an RCA tv with a DVD player in it to play it at the gallery. I saved my file as an mov. The codec I used was Apple Intermediate Codec because that is what the teacher in an AE class i took told us to use in the past. But the TV doesn't recognize it. Do i need to just change the codec or both the codec and the file type?

I don't want to trial and error it and waste all my DVD's. Any suggestions please let me know!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Recording an AE video to a DVD to play on an RCA TV - what codec and file type?
on Apr 26, 2013 at 12:40:48 am

DVD's are very specific, you can't just create a file and burn it to a DVD and have it play in DVD player. The big question is do you have a DVD program like Encore? Cause what you want to to is make a file that Encore can use, put it in a timeline and set your end action and build your dvd.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
Re: Recording an AE video to a DVD to play on an RCA TV - what codec and file type?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 2:50:20 am

Hi John - Thanks for answering. Yes I actually do have Encore. I've never used it. I'm still making changes on the video tonight and it is due to the gallery tomorrow so i will try making the Dvd with Encore - If you have any tips let me know!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]