ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time Remapping - works in one layer and not the other - why why why

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi Boose
Time Remapping - works in one layer and not the other - why why why
on Apr 25, 2013 at 12:59:54 am

Hi - I am rebuilding another version of a short cartoon that I did for class. It is basically a salesman handing a kid a cellphone and the kid throws the cellphone away and then the salesman sells him another phone and he throws that one away - reapeatedly - and the used cell phone pile gets bigger and bigger to make a point about how much cell phone waste there is.

Originally each person - the kid and the salesman were 3 - 4 different body poses and I made a comp out of each person's poses and then time remapped them in another comp and input which frame (body pose) was to be shown.

Now I have added a couple different poses for each person - reimported my new photoshop layer - the kid is going to talk on the phone before he throws it away now... But it's not working the same way and i cannot for the life of me figure out why.

I made each a comp and cut all the layers to one frame each and sequenced the layers using the keyframe assistant which seems to work fine. But now when I import them into the main comp, the salesman layer works fine but the kid disappears once i input a frame number. I swear I am doing the exact same thing on both of them and one is working and one is not. Does anyone have any suggestions? Hope i explained ok....

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
Re: Time Remapping - works in one layer and not the other - why why why
on Apr 25, 2013 at 1:11:40 am

It's amazing how you can figure stuff out just by writing a big long question about it. I figured it out - the kid was 1 second and 1 frame instead of just one frame. phew - that only took HOURS to figure out!.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]